Monday, July 5, 2010


Dad & I had a great time in Chicago (see Rob & Brad at Navy Pier), and then in Jacksonville. It is always so great to be able to see you kids. In fact, it's our favorite part of any trip we take.

I'm still working my 3 jobs, but they all add up to about 2-4 days a week. I have time for another one but we'll see what comes up...

Next Sunday we will be beginning construction at Eastgate, literally taking down the ceiling. I'm excited about that, though I know it will be a lot of work too. Yesterday at the end of the Sunday meeting, Rob made a general kind of altar call for salvation or re-dedication ...where he asked people to come up to the front of the room (which he never does) for prayer, and my mom went up. Afterward, I went to her and we hugged, but she didn't' seem to want to talk about it. I'm not sure what was going on, but we're going over to their house today, and maybe she'll feel like talking. Chuckie is starting to volunteer in the media room, managing the camera feeds, which he LOVES. He admitted that he gets kind of "tired" of the singing, but being at the computer enabled him to be right in his element.

Dad did a wedding last Saturday out in the countryside near Vernon, in a church building that was built around 1867. It is listed on the historical registry, and it was quite beautiful. All of the wood was original, and because of the natural oils in it, peoples hand and footprints were left on pieces of the wood used for the ceiling. You could even see a few bear prints. There was no a/c, just windows open and a wonderful breeze blowing through. Afterward, the reception food was outside on a big table like the one at Papa's old church. In the cemetery next to the building, there were graves for young men that fought in the civil war. I posted a picture of the wedding on FB.

I'm looking forward to seeing you girls and Matt in a few weeks, and really looking forward to the big move for M & J. It's still a big unknown, but I know that God has something great in store-

Mom

8 comments:

  1. It's funny to me that three jobs isn't enough...

    That is soooo cool about your mom! I will definitely be praying for that whole thing.

    excited to be there soon

    -matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wedding sounds breathtaking!! I want to visit that place. Maybe Daniel and Melissa should look at it?

    It is so fun to see you guys. You always get me out of my comfort zone... which is usually scary but ultimately rewarding.

    That's cool that Grandma got prayer. It has got to be nice to see God working on them in such obvious ways. I think my expectations were blown away with the fact that they attend church regularly!

    You guys are awesome and Grandma and Grandpa are blessed to have such real life examples of people who display God's love daily!

    Love you and see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom: Please quit hogging all the jobs.

    I'm also glad to hear about grandma! I pray for her and grandpa frequently -- and for you guys too!

    I'm not sure where the order is at, but is it okay if I post next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update! We loved having you here in Jacksonville, (especially Cotton.)

    That wedding sounds really beautiful. I love spots like that. *sigh*

    I'm super excited to hear about Grandma. God is so awesome, He is able to break down her barriers. It really is amazing. I'll keep praying for her. If she's as stubborn and prideful as me then it will probably take her awhile to talk about what happened with her and God that day.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes brad its okay for you to go next, but i might go soon as well...but i don't think it hurts to have them close to eachother

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really was wonderful to see you both. I am writing this after the visit from Grandma and Grandpa Chuckie, which also was very nice. They took us to Buca Di Beppos and we enjoyed a lovely evening of recalling fun times Chuckie had in the course of his life. I also learned a bit about star and wobble rotation of the earth. Grandpa Chuckie has some very interesting stories and general knowledge to impart. Nonetheless, it was good visits all around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Grandpa Chuckie! He is so interesting and has so many fascinating life stories! I'm jealous of everyone else's proximity to him.

    ReplyDelete