Friday, May 28, 2010

A Daniel Kind of Update

Here are some random thoughts from my mind:

I am excited about this weekend! Tonight, I shall be attending a boys-only (oh boy!) poker-bring-your-own-sausage night at Michael's house, with Matt and others. This is the sort of thing that I enjoy doing, as many of you know. Furthermore, on Saturday, I will going to my first Jacksonville Sun's game, and hopefully be recieving a free Stanton Jersey, who is scheduled to move up to the Marlins soon. Hopefully, Melissa will also be able to go to this, but it just depends on if she can get enough school work done. Lastly, on Sunday, I will be at a get-together-games-and-eating night, with Tommy, Shannon, Jessica, Janelle, Matt and anyone else that can make it, which should be fairly fun as well. Unfortunately, Melissa works Sunday evening... :(

Now, about the wedding... I have no idea, sorry. I do know that we will be having an engagement party on June 13th, but I don't know if I can get the 14th off work yet; so there is a possibility that I might have to drive back on the night of the 13th, which would be lame. Nevertheless, I am sure we will have an excellent time in Panama City. I believe Melissa and I are going to stay at her parents house the first night and then at my parents house on Sunday night, if I can get off work. We will both be going to Eastgate, probably first service, and then getting ready for the party.

I am fighting for second or third place in my Fantasy Baseball League, mostly because Cole and Karl are cheaters. Straight up.

I performed a little at-home-surgery (haha) about a week ago. I was able to pop the cyst that keeps regrowing on my tail bone, known as a pilonidal cyst (pilonidal.org for those who just have to know more). Basically, I just poked it with some scissors and nothing happened. So, I soaked my butt for about 30 minutes and put on some pajamas after I bandaged what I had poked. About an hour later, while watching some TV, I felt a strange relief, and sure enough the wound finally allowed the nast to squeeze out. It was coming out pretty strong, so I drew another bath and applied pressure around the opening and squeezed out about an ounce of nast. It looked pretty gross sitting at the bottom of the tub so I snapped a couple pictures with my phone and sent some to my mother and Melissa. Sorry ladies.

All in all, life is moving faster than I remember but I am more and more excited about my future.

Thanks for listening!

- Daniel

5 comments:

  1. Ooh! Poker night + sausages sounds awesome! I wish I could come.

    Yeah, Cole has definitely taken advantage of the very system that he proposed, but things will be different next year. Trust me.

    At home surgery, huh? Yeah, I don't think I want to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...i'm glad the cyst is relieved, though I'm not after reading those details.

    You guys will be coming to the 10 am service at Eastgate, as that's the only one we'll be having during June and July! Huzzah!!!

    Can't wait to see you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! This weekend IS going to be great! I like that I'm involved in two of your three plans for this weekend!

    I hate that stupid cyst. I hope God pulls a miracle and takes it away, at least that's what I keep praying for.

    I love you and I'll see you on Saturday!

    P.S. I'm also excited about your future, you are growing into such an amazing young man. (I can say things like young man because I'm a year older than you.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little jealous. I want to hang out too! But not at the poker and sausages thing!

    Hmm, I'm a little confused as to why you chose to send them the pictures. But I'm sure that they will treasure those memories forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like that Poker has become a guys only thing, i feel like the feminist movement is moving backwards in sports/games. You guys are gay.

    Also, I'm glad we got to see you 3 days in a row!

    Let us know how we can help with surgery/ doctors and engagement parties!

    ReplyDelete