Thursday, June 10, 2010

The changes that change us

Hello family,

Well, no big developments have happened in my life, (ie new job, marriage, etc.) But, life is surprisingly good. The other day I was flipping through my quiet time journal and I came across an entry from before I moved to Jacksonville. In fact, at that time the QT journal was just a journal. In this entry I was writing about the mistakes I had made the night before and the hangover I was currently struggling with. Reading back on the life I had compared to the life I live now was shocking. The changes in my life have been so slow and natural that I didn't really even notice them. But now, after reading that entry I feel excited. There really is a God and he is really working in my life and shaping me! It's so terribly exciting!

As many of you know I have been feeling frustrated at my job lately. But, again, while I was reading through old entries in that journal I read one from when I first moved to Jacksonville. In this entry I was scared because I had moved without a job and I was having trouble finding one. But, I wrote that I knew God would provide the right one. He did provide that job and it really is not so bad. (I make way more money than I should.) I don't know how long the paper I'm working for will last, but while it's here I'm going to be thankful that God provided it for me.

Also, Janelle and I have decided to get baptized. I wont speak for her, but I will explain why I'm doing it. I was baptized when I was 7 and I don't remember it at all. (Well, I remember there was an echo at the lake - that's right, we still lived in Indiana when I was baptized.) My life has changed so much and I feel like I've made a real turn around. I've finally dedicated my life, (not just my Sunday mornings) to God and I want everyone to know it. So, the plan is for mom and dad to come to Jacksonville on the weekend of June 25 where Dad will baptize us with all our friends as witnesses on Saturday, June 26th. I wont lie, I'm super excited!

If you think of it, please be praying for my neighbor and friend, Meghan Crafts. She and her husband are going through some rough times and it looks like her husband is pretty set on getting a divorce. Last night she was revealing to me how scared she was because she had nowhere for her and her son, (1-yr-old) to go. I felt like God wanted me to offer her my place. As you know, April moved back to Panama City and I'm in need of a roommate. Her lease is up at the end of July so she might come and live at my current place for a month. My lease is up at the end of August, then she and I will try to find an affordable 3BR place for us. I'm honestly hoping that it doesn't come to this and the two of them, (her husband's name is David Crafts) work things out. So, please keep the situation in your prayers. If we do move in together it will be a big adjustment for me, but I know that God will see us through it and reveal his love to her in amazing ways.

I love you guys and am always thinking of you!

Jessica

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on a teaching about Jesus' parable of the sower...how the kingdom of God is moving so secretly and quietly...inching it's way out of good soil without us really tracking it's every movement...unitl suddenly, we have this wonderful crop of goodness. We didn't make it happen, we didn't control it's progess...and when we find it in our lives, it feels like such a gift!
    I'm so stoked to hear what your heart and life is like. You kids are awesome to me!

    I'll be praying for David and Meghan...we have so many over here going through the same thing...it's crushing.

    Looking forward to this weekend, and the next two weekends after that!

    (I had a typo in my first attempt at this comment...no way to edit it, so I deleted it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jess, what a wonderful story-I love to see how God works in our lives. I remember Ruth talking about how people felt discouraged that they weren't growing, and she would say to them, "Do you see any changes from last year, or 6 months ago?" They usually did and that always helped them, but we tend to be so hard on ourselves (especially) and want to see change immediately. It warms my heart so much that you have found your "niche" out in J'ville-what a good place that has been for all of you kids. I will forever be grateful for the Vineyard and well, the overall good people out there!

    I love you so much and enjoy every time that we can be together and visit together-

    I know this was not the answer you were looking for about a roommate, but who know what God can do in and through it? Will be praying.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I didn't realize it had gotten so bad with Meghan...bummer! I'm always so baffled by how quickly you become aquainted with our neighbors. You might not realize it, but I see God's love shine through so brightly in all of the love, prayers and smiles you show your community in Island Club.

    It would help with finding a roomate... but I do hope things work out between the two of them.

    You're lovely and I will be praying.

    -Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are able to appreciate your job, even if it's not the best.

    I will be sure to pray for Meghan and her husband, that they might resolve their problems and maintain their marriage, but more importantly approach Christ through this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicago in a few DAYS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess, I'm so happy for you! I'm glad Meghan has you there to talk to. I will be praying for her and her husband.

    Btw, I saw a picture of you on fb...the one where you are wearing a yellow shirt and you look like that one girl...anyway, you look so great! You look so thin and super cute!

    Can't wait to see you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete