Monday, February 7, 2011

Bored to death

I have too much time off. I don't do well with it.

In other news the planning for Italy is going along well. We're going to be gone for 12 days and two of them will be travel days. Here's a screen shot of my spreadsheet of our trip.





We've only got where we're going to stay in Florence figured out. Here's the link to the hostel in case you're interested.
http://www.florence-youth-hostel.com

I think I'm most excited about our time in Cinque Terre (Cheenk-kway tehr-ray.) It's a group of five coastal towns that have a hiking trail between all of them. They're small and cute and I can't wait! Apparently if you were to just hike straight it would be 5 hours, but we're going to take all day and stop in each town and explore. It just sounds cute and quaint and I can't wait.
If you're curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinque_Terre

Work has been slow. Here's a logo and letterhead I designed for my boss's hotel. (Yes, he just bought a hotel - they're super rich.) He's also planning a trip around the world with his family this summer. But he's nice and down to earth so I can't hate him. ;)



















Well, that's the latest. Hope you all are doing well. Love you lots!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, the spreadsheet says we're staying at Hotel Salute in Venice, but due to some bad reviews that just came up on tripadvisor, we're going to keep looking around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica this all looks so very cool! I'm sure you are spending some of your free time planning your trip, so that's time well spent, don't beat yourself up.

    Your logo work looks very great, classy and simplified. You are amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I looked at the youth hostel, there was a picture of a young man with a gas mask on. Have you seen the movie hostel? Well, don't.

    This looks like quite the adventure, I hope you stay safe and take many pictures!

    It looks like Melissa and I will be visiting Bradley and Jamie in March for 3 nights. We are very excited!!!

    See you soon!

    - Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel- That's exciting and sounds fun for you guys!!

    Jessica- That's really exciting!! What a fun adventure that you have planned!! I just got a little worried for your safety, but lately people have been telling me that most of my fears are irrational so I'm just gonna set those aside and pray for your safety!! Don't talk to any men- they're all murderers trying to kill you

    love yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Cinque Terre looks like one of the coolest places ever! There were some really pretty pictures on the wikipedia page. April will be here before you know it.

    I like your logo too!

    Hooray for Daniel and Melissa coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Dad...the trip makes me nervous because that's my job...but I know it will be the experience of a lifetime and oh, the stories you will tell.

    The logo...wow. I am so impressed and inspired by your work. Its amazing how so much white space creates such a classy look. Excellent! Cant wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all I'm going to say:

    Beware of men named Martine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, and that's why we aren't talking to men and staying at a hostel that's only for women in Rome!

    http://www.travellerspoint.com/accommodation/8885-Orsa-Maggiore-for-Women-Only/

    ReplyDelete