Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BRRRizzard!

It makes me sad that we don't post more often!
Here is a quick update:

Currently, it is blizzarding outside, which outside of the constant sirens and our apartment shaking a little, is pretty awesome!
[Living Room View]

Blizzard = two Snow Days! Thankfully, we are stocked up on all the best things, like puzzles, hot chocolate, Netflix, Sims,...


[Hardest Puzzle Ever!]

Chinese New Year is just around the corner! Thursday, we have friends coming over to make dumplings. Brad and I are hoping that we can coax them into making some chocolate ones too.


[Preparations Begin]

Meanwhile, Brad is keeping busy with baseball posts, teaching, and making videos. He also got me interested in reading a book about baseball: The Bullpen Gospels. It's funny!

I'm doing my usual school and work stuff. I've also been hanging out with a new friend. A month or two ago, I started praying for a friend - someone to watch chick flicks with or go shopping, and someone who is a Christian, so we can encourage/challenge eachother. (Not to say that I'm not super thankful for Brad, who is an amazing and loving husband. He just doesn't always share my enthusiasm for girly stuff.) Anyway, I'm pretty sure that my prayer was answered! God is good to us :)

Well, that's pretty much all the excitement here. We miss you guys a ton!
Hurry, someone else make a post!

7 comments:

  1. Hooray for Jamie for bringing life back to the Happy Woodrum blog!

    Your snow days seem pretty cozy. It actually sounds like Christmas. (Can't imagine Christmas with snow though!)

    I'm so glad to hear you made a lady friend. They really are so important to have. Chick-flick suggestion: Beauty & The Briefcase. It's a made for tv, ABC Family movie with Hillary Duff. (It's an instant watch on Netflix.) It' REALLY cheesy, but I love that kind of stuff.

    Hope you guys enjoy your days off! Love you!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, Beauty and the Briefcase does sound really cheesy, but I'll definitely have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the best part: Jamie's new friend, her name is Snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man...I just got chilled looking at those photos. Hope you guys can stay warm and safe during this whole thing.
    I love your survival supplies...classic!

    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How totally awesome to hear from you Jamie (and Bradley)! I too get cold looking at the pictures but feel proud of the fact that we lived in that sort of weather for a few years. I don't know why, but it's sorta like having bragging rights.

    You'll get the hang of the Tigger puzzle, those kind are one of my favorite types. Glad you have that to keep you busy in the cold!

    Love you both sooooo much.

    PS: Let us know if you lose power, Peggy Hennesey called me last night to check on you two...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to start by saying how terrible I am for not having written a response yet, but I see that neither Matt nor Janelle have yet either, so clearly I'm not that wretched.

    I feel that that sort of weather is a right of passage of sorts, another sort of passage I never hope to have to make. :) But you and Brad seem to be handling it well, so kudos! Not that you need it, but I am proud of your Chi-Town endeavors, and feel blessed to count you both as family. Great job!

    - Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for girls to watch chick flicks with!! I'm definitely missing Jessica out here because she was always my go to girl friend that i could watch INCREDIBLY cheesy movies with!

    Snow days sound like so much fun and I'm so glad you posted again- sorry I'm the last one to reply!

    Much love

    -Janelle

    ReplyDelete