Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sitting

I like sitting.  I realized that all the times that I'm not sitting I am counting down to when I can sit again.  I used to think my focus was always on food, but now I'm thinking that my focus is on sitting as often as possible and in the absolute most comfortable place I can find.

Here are some of my recent thoughts:

I really like stuff.  I like furniture stuff the best I think.  When I go to sleep I create a wishlist in my head of all the stuff I want- A bed frame, a square soft foot rest to go in the living room that has storage inside, storage organizers (not for anything in particular just to have in case I can find something to organize at home), tupperware, and chalk board paint.  I have to watch myself because I am constantly swaying over into materialism.

So right now in my life: Work is going really well and there is a good chance (but I don't have my hopes up) that I could get a promotion at work.  This promotion would mean a lot of extra work but would give me a raise, benefits, full time employment, and bossy privileges.   They keep putting off when they will open up the position, but that's good because I haven't polished my resume yet.

Matt is doing well at work.  He just texted me saying someone gave him a 10$ tip- I wonder where I can spend that...  He is in talks with Scott McCuchen about a job opportunity so if you want to be praying about that.  We don't know when that would start but he would quit the Marriott to work with him on a new business Scott's going to get going on (but I'll let Matt tell that story)

... I just painted a Kidsgate sign with colorful hand prints around it at Eastgate and that was fun and now I'm looking for other places I can add spice to.

Matt and I have a lot of fun trips coming up.  In March we're going to Islands of Adventure with Zach, Dayle, Leah and Thomas and  in April we're going to GA for Matt's Grandpa's 80th birthday.  We're also going to Gainesville in April for Ben Wallis' wedding and in May we're going to Maine for a week with the Greene's.

Okay, love you guys!! Thanks for keeping this thing alive

-Janelleeeeeee

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys have at least one trip each month! That's exciting!

    I had furniture dreams, similar to what you're describing, when we first moved in to this apartment. It just looked so bare and I was anxious to make it homey. I couldn't stop checking craigslist for good deals.

    It's good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say what?! Ben Wallis is getting married!? Apparently we weren't Facebook friends, so I've been out of the loop!

    I will definitely be praying for you guys, work wise. I know what Matt must be going through -- that one foot in, one foot out feeling. Today, I officially gave my two weeks notice at the Center. I don't want to go into the details, but my Chinese boss basically intimated that, by leaving, I would be losing face and thereby could never work there again.

    It made me very sad. Mostly for him.

    Anyway, it's worth it, because now I'm going to be pulling down the big bucks!

    As a freelance writer!

    (Don't worry; I've preemptively called 9-1-1 for mom and dad.)

    In all seriousness, my freelance work is x3 the pay and infinity less time out of doors, wearing pants -- a win-win-win situation. I'm excited about this transition, and feel like it's the direction God has been preparing for me. I'll give more details later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting Janelle, it is always interesting to view the random thoughts of a crazy person. ;) But seriously, I suppose it's a lady thing, with the exception of Melissa, to value material things. You see, it's the most literally tangible product of our toil under the sun. But in God's kingdom it has no value at all! So when the value of dust and particles begin to increase in your mind, remember you are not of this world and need not settle in it; our bodies, homes, planet, etc is temporary.

    Now, for Bradley, please let me encourage you to ask if you can give maybe a months notice, at least a little more time to find a replacement. If the Chinese boss still disowns you, then can you truely shake the dust off your feet.

    Sorry for responding to Brad's comment in response to your post Janelle, I hope you are not offended. :)

    I love you guys and can't wait till we can all be together again! Oh - and I can't wait for the trip Melissa and I are making to Chicago in the middle of March, we are both getting super excited. I hope all your travels go safely Janelle and will pray God takes complete control of that department, which he so often does!

    Once again, much love, bye all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't think dreaming of storage organizers can be materialistic. It's just far too practical to be a sin. :D

    Firstly, I think you're funny. And I like you almost as much as I also like sitting. I bet not being able to sit at your work makes you like sitting even more!

    See you soon. (I'm in PC and Janelle made macaroni and cheese with bacon!) Isn't she the best?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your post Janelle, you are most funny to me, and always so honest. I hope your possible new job involves a lot of sitting. Maybe you should put that skill in your updated resume...

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as a person is aware that material things will not fulfill him/her, then it can be a lot of fun to have a mental wish list for things that would provide practical comfort. It's a heart thing...if we get stuff, we're ok, if we don't get stuff, we're ok. Remember what the Tick said: "You can't destroy the earth! Where would I sit!?" Having a material world to sit in is a gift from God...we just have to be careful we don't turn the gift into a god.

    Oh...and your post was funny.

    Oh, Oh...and Brad, I demand that you write a post here to update us on your cryptic announcements. And Daniel, I demand that you write a post updating us on your life and especially what you're learning in your studies...I'm loving what I'm hearing from you!

    I'm making a lot of demands...but I'm the damn PATERFAMILIAS...so I GET to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, i'm in this family! i want to be on the list on the side! and i want to post! janelle, wife, FIX IT!

    ReplyDelete