Friday, March 19, 2010

Finally...

For some stupid reason, I could not figure out how to post on here again. However, as you hopefully have already deduced, I finally figured it out.

So, I asked Melissa to marry me and she actually said, "yes". Not that this is big news now, but here's a tiny story to maybe repeak your intrest:

A date night for Melissa and I usually includes a brisk stroll to Publix and picking out which meal we are going to cook for dinner. After dinner is chosen we move to the redbox to decide what movie, or movieS if we're feeling adventurous, we are going to watch whilst we eat. The night of March 12th was just a single movie night, but with double movie overtones. As we continued our promenade back to the house, I could barely keep in the excitement much less the box-shpaed bulge in my pocket. We reached a wooden bridge in the middle of her complex overlooking a small lake and I decided this was my chance. So, I pretended to drop something turned around, asked for Melissa to come closer, reached into my pocket and dropped to one knee. She, as usual, said something to the effect of, "You're not really doing this right now are you?" But I ignored the comment and continued with my simple statement. "Melissa the only way I know of keeping you in my life is to ask for you hand in marriage, so will you make me the happiest guy ever and marry me?" She finally decided this was enough to say yes. The rest of the story is just about me apologizing to my sisters for leaving them out.

I hope you all enjoyed this post. I have plans for hanging out with at least Jessica tonight, and maybe Jessica and Janelle on Sunday. Hopefully we can use this time to be giddy. Also I'm sending Brad a refurbished X-Box in hopes we can finally compete on the digital field of Madden. Mom, I called you first so be happy, and Dad apparantly you were next to her when I called, so take it easy. I hope this finds everyone well and sorry for not posting for so long, but I have been reading every single post and responding in my head. Maybe one day we can crack it open and see what I had responded...

- Daniel

5 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad you got it figured out! I'm looking forward to tonight. I've got stuff to make pancakes if you're interested. Otherwise we can just walk to Terry's and get something else to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fascinated to hear that you two share such a similar date-night habit as Jamie and I! On nights when we don't feel up to trudging about town, we head down to Jewel-Osco (the midwestern Publix) and get fun food and a Redbox movie!

    I must ask, though, was she really so indifferent as she sounds in:

    "You're not really doing this right now are you?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, yes she was pretty indifferent at first. It didn't really hit her until she put the ring on and we continued our walk back to her apartment. Then, by the subsequent phone call to her sister and mother she became quite giddy. Perhaps, at first, she thought I was just joking around as usual, so she didn't want to invest too much emotion till she knew it was the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well i'm so happy to see you posting again and I would LOOOVE to hang out on Sunday. i'm glad she said yes too!

    Sorry I couldn't make it last night, I had to babysit :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for filling in the details! We're really stoked for you two.

    I miss all you kids so much...seriously.

    ReplyDelete