Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I am made of snot

Hello family. Well, I've been waiting to post in hopes that I would have some great news to post about the job at Folio Weekly. Unfortunately I have not heard back from them. Oh well.

In the meantime work has been crazy. They fired one of the sales reps, (the publisher's nephew) and are closing the office in Yulee. In fact tomorrow we're moving to an office in north Jacksonville to be housed with the two other cleaning companies that the publisher also owns. I wont lie, I'm not really feeling very stable. But, like I said to mom, God has always taken care of me when it comes to jobs, so I know he will continue to do so.

This week I've caught the crud that's going around. I feel pretty awful, but I know I'll live. Maybe the reason I haven't gotten the Folio job yet is because God wants me feeling better before they call me back in. *sigh* Yeah, I don't think so either.

I'm excited to hear we're getting a new edition to the family. Melissa is a great girl and I'm happy to hear she's going to be our new sister. Surprisingly, the sting of singledom didn't really hit with the announcement. Maybe I'm finally growing in maturity after all.

Well, I love you all and hopefully something exciting will happen in my life and I'll be able to tell you all about it. In the meantime, here are the ads I redesigned for Folio.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, work does sound crazy. I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica those ad's look amazing!! They really catch your eye! What did they look like before??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping you'd give us a preview of the ads! They look really good (I'd love to see the former ones to get the comparison, wow factor).
    Colds come and go...this will pass.
    Sorry about the fluidity of your present work...that's never fun. Been there several times and never liked it at all.

    On the other hand...I lost the Group Magazine strip after 11 years, and started to feel really bummed...but within a month or so of that news, the VOM comic book got the go-ahead, so we have to believe that God is at work in the details, even when we can't seem to get a glimpse of Him.

    Love all you kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I agree with Janelle, those ads look great! I'm just about starved for pizza now!

    I'm glad you have a confidence about your work. I know God has great things in store for you, no matter what your working future holds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon Jess. Dad & I just got colds too...his started maybe 5 days ago, mine 2. Makes you appreciate feeling better, that's for sure.

    Ruth has been asking about your job interview too and said it would be reasonable to call them after 2 weeks if you haven't heard anything yet. I agree.

    ReplyDelete