Friday, May 7, 2010

stuff stuff stuff

Hello family!

I check this blog everyday to see if someone has posted on it. Is it stupid for me to still get giddy when I see an update from you guys???

A few things going on with me right now.

Good things first:

At alpha Lee has been talking about the difference between operating in the spirit and with our own minds. He was saying that sometimes you are crying and you're brain doesn't know why or doesn't get it, but then when you're done crying you find yourself not bothered by certain things that used to bother you. He said that God was probably working on bringing healing to you at the time but you just didn't know it. Anyway, I thought that was cool.

So last Wed. was my last night playing bass at burn. We are in that time of "lasts" right now in Jacksonville, and it stings, but I know God will be faithful. And Panama City has great fish tacos so that's always good.

Anyway, all these beginning paragraphs had a point initially that I got distracted from. SO at Burn I really felt that God had healed me from the pain Julie had caused over the years and the bitterness I kept set aside for her. It was awesome. So last night, a random opportunity came up for just the two of us to hang out and we went for a walk. I told her, after some small talk, that I was sorry for being so distant and that it was because I was having trouble letting go of the way she acted during my wedding, but that I was better now and wanted to continue our friendship. She knew what I was talking about right away, and said that she was very bitter about not being engaged but knew afterwards that it was wrong to take it out all on me, and that she was really sorry, and that she had been feeling bad about that for some time. WHAT SWEET RELIEF!!! It was so nice to finally talk openly with Julie and remember why we became friends in the first place. I am not getting my hopes up to think that there will not be any more pain in this friendship, however God is always good.

I'm going to New York in 5 freakin days. I absolutely, positively can not wait. I'm excited to be on an airplane...its been 6 years since I was on a plane (that was when we went to chicago). Work is stupid, but i'm rich now because of it, so that's good... if you like that sort of thing.

I'm having specific issues with specific people at work and feeling specifically hurt by their specific choices. So if you want to be praying for that... I'm sure I'll need healing for this one too at some point down the road as well.

Also, becuase of work I don't get to see Matt very much at all. 2-3 hours every day or so at the most and it is usually in a group setting because of an event or something that we're scheduled to be at. Then the other nights he's gone at work till I go to bed. Pooo for me. Hopefully Panama City jobs will offer complementary schedules. :)

Ahhh and remember the drama of the counseling couple that was upset because we didn't go to their counseling? Well more drama from that mama is back!!! They have a young marrieds group on the first friday of every month and are very upset because Matt and Brendan have a CD release show that night that are taking the group away.... heh... So now she's e-mailing Matts mom asking why she decided to host "a party for young couples the same night as their party for young couples". The mom told her it was Brendans doing and not "for 'young couples", but for everyone. I'm not cool about it because I hate that we're obligated to the first friday of month just because we are newlyweds- have we no say in what we want to be involved in?? oh well...

Carl is great but extra fat. And he is completely in love with the fishing toy. He plays with it every single freaking day. Today I woke up and there was a note from matt saying "Carl puked but I cleaned it up"... Good ol' Matt, always to the point.



-Janelle

5 comments:

  1. I am very happy to hear about the reconciliation between you and your friend. It's always nice when we can take advantage of the opportunities that God provides us.
    BE SAFE in New York. It's a big city with a lot of big problems. Stay close to your co-travelers and I will be praying for all of you. Other than that, have fun and did I mention be safe?
    As for the rest of the drama... I can only say I don't know... Perhaps the best advice I can give is to seek a path of humility and keep communication between the two of you so that a major rift does not begin to grow.
    Matt is the bestest.

    - Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you updated! You're the best. I started to yesterday, but then stupid work actually gave me work to do! Gay. Anyway, I'm stoked that the talk between you and Julie went well. God is so awesome like that. Who know he could actually heal that? I'm always surprised when things & people that I just assume will always be a trouble in our life up and get healed. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by now, but I am.

    I love you and I can't wait to see you tonight. I don't like that I didn't get to talk to you at all yesterday and I have so much to tell you. When you move to PC you need to get a top 5 or something set up so that we can always talk to each other for free!

    Also, I will pray that God fixes those drama-counselors folk. Hehe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm glad you updated too! I don't want to do it too often and hog the page, so I try to wait until everyone has updated, or mostly everyone anyway.

    I'm so glad things are reconciled with Julie, when you are long distance, it will be easier of course, and good thing to have your relationship on good terms when you move.

    Glad that Carl is fat, want to see pictures.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAIT A SECOND!!! I think everyone missed the big story here: Janelle is going to New York?! Why is she going to New York? Is Matt going? Will there be cats? Why don't Jamie and I know about this? Is New York code for Panama City Beach? What are they doing there? Could Matt pee on Yankee Stadium for me? Or at least bury a Rays shirt underneath the pitcher's mound? Are there cats at Yankee Stadium? Somebody tell to me!!!

    @Mom: Please don't restrain from updates on our account. I think we would all love it if there were 10 mom posts to every child post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh bradley I totally agree with everything you said (especially the mom part)

    okay, matt's dad is taking the mom, matt and I to new york because he took jake and julie on a cruise last year.

    We're going to see blue man group, a broadway show, and a yankees game and be in the background of the today show. I'm gonna eat cheesecake every single day. Carl can't come (i asked) but I think it will still be fun. Jake told me to take a dump in the trump (tower).

    i'm REALLY REALLY REALLY excited!

    ReplyDelete