Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hello family

I keep waiting for something exciting to happen so I can write an awesome blog. No luck with that, so I'll just write about my life.

I told you about the new office and I have to say that it's pretty awful. There are five girls, (including me) and the boss man. This means that there is nothing but drama, drama, drama. The editor and I usually just keep quiet and put our headphones in. It has been nice to work in the same office as the boss because now I feel more confident that he is happy with the job I'm doing. (Or, at least he says he is.)

Outside of work, life is wonderful. I'm always thanking God for bringing me to such an amazing place with such wonderful people. I am surrounded by so many great women of God here. (I wouldn't mind being surround by a few more great men of God, but that's all in good time I suppose.)

Oh, and it looks like April will be moving back to Panama City. We had a talk the other night and she's got a friend there that wants to room with her and of course she has that job at Book It to go back to. Obviously nothing is for sure right now, but I can tell that mentally she is pretty determined to move back. She hasn't been connecting here with the people at all. It's been pretty frustrating for me, as I can't understand why she chooses to remain so distant. If you think of it, be sure to keep her in your prayers.

Honestly, I'm slightly relieved. She has been a bit of an emotional burden for me. Of course, if she chose to stay I would be happy to continue living with her. I think I just feel responsible for her and it's hard to see her not making the decisions I think would be best for her. But, that's how life is I suppose.

Well, those are the basics of my life. In happy news: Janelle and I had an awesome weekend with the parents over Easter. (I love you guys.) I've been working out a lot more in hopes to continue to lose weight. Bradley let me use his password for MLB.com so I could listen to the Cubs game at work, (which was so fun), he's the best! This weekend should be filled with plenty of sunshine and bike rides!

I love you guys and I look forward to reading more from you!

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!! That 'wanting to find great men of God' made me laugh out loud at work.

    Oh poo... I need to work out and stop eating large amounts of cookies for breakfast!!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are hilarious. I love that you're my children because it makes me better than everyone else!!!

    It's wonderful to hear how things are going in your life right now, I'm so proud of you! I think making the break from April will probably be in everyone's best interests.

    We had a great weekend with you girls...happy memories to linger over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely keep April in my prayers. I can imagine that she wouldn't connect so well with the Duval crowd.

    Maybe she should move to Arlington, where the real s#*% goes down?

    Hey! I'm glad the MLB.tv subscription worked for you! If anyone else wants to use it, just text me and I'll send you the ID and PW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great update, Jess...but remember that while the army may be looking for a few good men, you need only one. ;)

    Too bad about April, but I think coming to PC is probably the best thing for her right now. Plus, I know how much you would prefer to live alone anyway, so it's a win-win situation.

    Love you !

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. " I love that you're my children because it makes me better than everyone else!!!" is a great quote to hear from your dad when starting the day.

    jessica- we did post at the same time!! right after I posted mine i hit refresh to make sure it went up okay and thought it got jumbled in the system because I didn't remember writing any of the stuff I saw on the screen (turned out to be your post...hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Melissa and I are already making plans to move back to Panama City... sorry. I suppose we should probably talk about that 4 bedroom a little bit more. But, I am really happy that you have found a niche here in J-ville and I know that the right fellow will bounce along one of these days.

    ReplyDelete