Friday, April 9, 2010

Lots of Things!

So there are so many things happening right now. Melissa and I in homage of the proposal have chosen to forgoe our bi-annual break up, thus creating a stronger, tenser bond between us. We are really trying to get everything ready for this wedding, and so far everything has been falling into place, minus a couple details. We are looking at possibly having the wedding in early December as soon as Melissa finishes her classes. Hopefully this date will work with everyone's schedule.

In other news, Melissa's 2007 Kia Rio purchased in early February has broken down for the second time and this time was not covered in the warranty. The nice mechanic at the Kia dealership explained that a hose from the power steering had rubbed against a pulley for the power steering and caused the hose to slice and spill all it's fluid. Luckily Melissa was pulling into a parking space in a parking garage when that happened. Now, the mechanic also explained that the hose was moved due to damage from a front end collision that had obviously been repaired. So we went down the street to MazdaCity where we had purchased the vehicle and explained to them the situation. They did try to give us the run-around but we were able to have the car towed to their service department (out of pocket of course, but luckily I work with some one who lives on the west side, who knew a towing guy, and was able to get it for $45 cash). This was all on Tuesday, and Melissa had to work night audit tuesday and wednesday, not to mention school which I gave her rides to since I get an hour lunch every day. So, yesterday, Wednesday, I called them after they never called back and found from some one who claimed to have no idea on the details, that David from sales (who sold us the car) was going to pay for the labor but that we would have to pay for the part of which he had not idea on the cost. So, today after I get off work and Melissa wakes up from night audit, we are going down there one more time to shake things up. Melissa has a list of demands, including not paying for the part and getting a signed statement saying they inspected everything else in the car for possible future damage.

We'll see how that works, but feel free to pray that we're able to keep our cool and hopefully get Melissa back into a working vehicle. Looking back on all the paper work, including the interest, warranty and down payment she will have paid over $13,000 for the car. I don't believe that is a price for a vehicle that only worked for 60 days, especially considering the prior damage found by the Kia mechanic, who will be our lead witness in the civil case against Tom Bush (owner of MazdaCity, BMW of Orange Park, who we financed through, and a couple other dealerships in the area). Granted, we never looked at the CarFax, but we chose to buy at the dealership because of its' reputation.

Sorry, I just needed to vent some of that stuff and hopefully I will be able to say the right things today. Please pray for Melissa and I both. Thanks!

7 comments:

  1. Sheeeesh! What a mess! So SO sorry that this is happening. There are lemon laws in Florida: http://www.800helpfla.com/lemonlaw.html ...but you've probably looked at that stuff already.

    I'll be praying for you today, and trust that God will give you the grace, wisdom, strength and courage to face off against this injustice...and I know He will.

    Let us know how it goes...if you can.

    Love you Son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dan, that's no fun at all... I'm so sorry.

    Hopefully dad's link really is something to do with a law and not another funny cat picture.

    Will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Janelle - It's ok, thanks for the sympathy though! :)

    @ Doc - Unfortunately the Lemon Law really only applies to vehicles that are purchased brand new. In fact, this was one of the first things we looked up when the Kia mech said the problem would not be covered under warranty. As of now, our main angle is the reputation of Tom Bush. I had proposed the idea of making large posters explaining how Tom Bush is a sneaky thief and carrying those in with us tonight to show we mean business. But, perhaps that leaves little room for a civil solution. None the less, I know God will be there with us and guiding the whole thing to an agreeable result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for you guys. I know God will handle things in ways that only He can. I love you both and I hope things go well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I thought about the lemon law too, too bad.

    I think in most instances like this, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Being civil but persistent is key though, because if you get ugly they tend to respond in kind. At least that has been my experience in the retail market.

    We'll be praying...and if it comes down to needing money to get this fixed and you don't have it, we can help-

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez! That's awful! I'm glad I'm not there because I'd be inclined to angrily join you guys.

    Concerning the wedding: Are you guys thinking early December in 2010, or later? I thought you guys were thinking further down the line, which is why I ask.

    ReplyDelete