Wednesday, February 24, 2010

FINALLY

So ever since this blog has been up, Jessica and Janelle have been giving me a hard time for not updating. SORRY! My computer is refusing to open anything google related, so i have to sit down at my 'rents computer to do this. I think its some sort of anti-google virus i got from all the illegal Harry Connick Jr albums i downloaded.

Anyways, I am really excited about this blog! Now you all have to at least skim through this and leave a nice comment so I don't cry myself to sleep.

We had our first Alpha meeting last night and it was wonderful! It's so refreshing to talk to people who are really searching for what life is about and seeing if Jesus really is who he says he was. This quote from CS Lewis is one of the main points in the packet we are using for the class:
“I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: “I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.” That is the one thing we must not say. A man who said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”
There was this old crazy guy at our table who kept (successfully) trying to make me feel stupid and uncomfortable, and I think he was just doing that because of my age, but who knows....maybe God gave me him because I specifically prayed for no crazy people. I should've known better

Other than that, same old same old. Love you all and love the posts!

-Matt

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you, Matt! I will pray for you -- teaching is tough, but I have faither God will support you!

    Oh, and what exactly is happening with your computer? Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted and am sorry you had to go to such great lengths to do so. I will also be sure to pray that God gives you the right words to help soften this man's heart next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm surprised Google doesn't have an anti-anti-google virus to fix that by now.

    I will pray for you two in your next meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thanks for posting Matt! Good for you for doing this though, you can only learn from it, which is a good thing.

    The key words here being "he's a crazy guy", so consider the source of your consternation. I think God sends them our way sometimes to be sure no flesh will glory in His presence...

    ReplyDelete
  5. how was crazy-man making you feel stupid and uncomfortable? What was he saying?

    ReplyDelete