Friday, February 26, 2010

The Photoshop Club

I am an un-official inductee to the Photoshop Club. You know, the club that has it's own special language (hexagonal lassos, channels, layers, etc.), software, and overall smartness? Well, I guess I should say I am an honorary member, because I have only learned 1/1000 of what there is to learn. Dad taught me how to do the "flatting" for his graphic novel. Click here to see what it is: http://pixelstrips.com/extras/tutorials/flatting/flatting.pdf If you don't have the time to look it up, basically it is outlining the major images on the comic page and filling them in with any color. He then comes back and can select that color without having to do all of the outlining part, and he colors it as he wants.

He thought I would love it and I do! I'm still learning how to use the Wacom tablet, but I'm slowly picking it up. Dad is hoping to have his first several pages completely colored by Monday. So far, it is looking just amazing.

I finally got the hallway painted, and it looks great! I took pictures, but it's sorta boring without the wall hangings up. I need to add some new photos, particularly of Daniel and Jess. For some reason, I've got plenty of the younger set (including Matt & Jamie of course)!

After I get done with the flatting for Dad, I am planning on sewing matching outfits for Nates three kids. I'm gonna make 2 sun dresses just like what we did for the bean's wedding and a button up shirt for Isaiah. I plan on using the leftover yellow fabric from the wedding too. Excited about that!

Dad & I are hoping to go to Colorado in April, after the comic book is done. Paul Little (a nice guy from Eastgate) is wanting to fly us out to a cabin for a week for some R&R. The cabin is free I guess for pastors and the like: Elijah Ministries. We'll see if it really happens, but if it does, it'd be cool!

Ok, back to work for me-love you all! I have read all of your posts, sorry I did not comment on them, but they were great to read nonetheless-

Mom

4 comments:

  1. IT'S A TRAAAAP!!! Nothing is free in Colorado. South Park proved that.

    I'm really excited about this comic! I want to read it so baaaad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys get to go to Colorado! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sending the PDF of what you two have done so far. It looks great!

    I hope the Colorado thing works out, I know you two certainly deserve it.

    I love you guys! (Again, thanks for the talk today, it really helped. I talked with God tonight and I know he heard me. I love you!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome! I'm so intimidated by you now

    ReplyDelete