Monday, February 22, 2010

God is good

Lately I have been wondering at all of the blessings in my life. God has truly been so good to me.

I am surrounded by so many loving christian friends. I've never had friends like this. They all are honest christians who are struggling on the journey like the rest of us. But, what makes them so amazing is the way they love. I have only been here for about five months and I feel closer to some of the girls here more than friends I've had for years. It just really hit me this week. I have so much. Amazing friends, a wonderful family, a decent job and an over all really good life.

Sometimes I feel like I'm just now finally understanding what it means to be a christian. Lately God has really been opening my eyes to how much control I have in my own life and that he's ready for me to give it up to him.

I've been going to a women's bible study on Thursday nights and it has been so filling. God is really challenging me to step up and be the woman he has called me to be. Yes, I'm still struggling with the same old messes I love to get into, but I'm fighting them and that is what is important. One day at a time.

I've also signed up for a pathways class called "Lifeway: Practical Devotion." It starts tomorrow night. I'm a little worried because Tuesdays usually are late nights at work for me, but I'm just praying that everything goes smoothly and I'm able to make it to the class on time. Today was very productive so I'm hoping for the best.

I can't begin to tell you how much I love each of you. Dad, Mom, Daniel, Bradley, Jamie, Matt and Janelle: you, more than anyone I know have shown me God's love and I can't begin to describe how much it means to me. Like I said, I love you lots and lots!!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome words Jess.
    Giving up control of our lives pretty much sums up 66 books of the Bible. God says "Hey, I've got a plan for your life!" and we say "Cool, let me show You what it is!".

    Whats so wonderful is how patient God is. He doesn't give up when we take 40 years to complete what should have been a 2 week journey...He knows us and loves us, and He still has a plan in spite of our need to control things.

    I'm so happy for you in your place in life Sis', and I'm grateful to God for leading you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to read this, Jessica! I love you too, and continue to keep you in my prayers.

    P.S. You and Janelle are SO Liz Lemon, but in all the good ways. And Jamie and I feel that everyone needs to watch more 30 Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! Sometimes it's so hard to really know/believe how blessed we are because of circumstances, but I love those times when we sort of re-realize who we are in God's eyes.
    I love and miss you too!

    ReplyDelete